Sometimes, somebody at somewhere on earth just have some dreams after watched someone.
It's so random or we can say, it's destiny.
It is so random, whenever the lil. kid is watching cartoon and he dreams to become a cartoonist, or the hero being drawn by the cartoonist.
It is so random, whenever an old folk is watching the sun-set and he dreams to see his children again.
It is so random, whenever a teenager is watching Golden Horse Film Festival and he dreams to be a film director. True story. Ang Lee makes my dream.
It is so random, whenever an old folk is watching the sun-set and he dreams to see his children again.
It is so random, whenever a teenager is watching Golden Horse Film Festival and he dreams to be a film director. True story. Ang Lee makes my dream.
As far as I've concerned, he's the only Chinese who received the Golden Statuette for Best Director from Oscar, Academy Award.
As far as I've concerned, he has analyzed the Hollywood film forms during his master degree in NYU, and merged the knowledge with his own traditional concept, created commercially successful yet artistic films.
I pursue. After form 5 SPM exam, I tried to search for film school. Private U, private U, and private U; but what I lacked was money, money, and money, thus, my mom kicked me to English College.
It's form 6, the Hell Gate in every form 5 graduates' and form 6 students' mind.
Anyway, I have gone through the Hell Gate, and I'm glad that my younger sister is right behind me, taking the same path as mine. I have to say.... "Congratulation and All the Best."
After all, the passion faded. It had been three years and what I did wasn't all related to my dream. It's time to choose which Bachelor Degree in which local University, and I chose 3 business programs from UM (obviously I just wanted to go to UM that time), 1 business program from UPM and UKM. Another 3 slots I left them blank.
Well, so random, I failed to get any. That's life. The second and very last chance to enroll in second intake, brought me the opportunity to see these courses, namely Film Directing from USM and Cinematography from UNIMAS. Then I go for Cinematography in UNIMAS. Currently a second year student, soon to be final year. P.s. Damn it, it reminds me of my FYP.
Don't ask me what's life, or what's fate and destiny. I won't ever know how to describe, as they come to people at no exact time. Now, I pursue. Film director. What a dream job. When I was young people ask me about my dream. As I spoke it out they just laughed at me and refused to believe. Ya I know it's very dreamy as everyone knows. Or even worse, when I was about to attend this course, my friends asked me why did I choose this freezing industry? My response was, and now still is, "because it's freezing".

So I seize the opportunities to talk with anyone who is on this field. Lecturers, Tutors, Classmates. And now we come out to have out practical Internship in film company. I learned a lot, from different people. Lighting Sparks, Gaffers, Key Grip, Grip men, Director of Photography, VTR, Prop Assistants, Art Assistants, Production Assistants, Production Manager and so on. I stood behind the director and learned the way he does his job.
This Monday, was my very first professional wrap in my life.
Thanks to Gerard, the director, I learned something though he wasn't teaching me.
Thanks to Kelvin, the 1st AD, I learned a lot as he is so responsible to himself and his job.
I like his style. Cool.
Thanks to San, the 2nd AD, her humble warmed my nervousness.
Thanks to Magen, Brenda, Deane, Puisee, Fabyan, Daniel, Andre, Ming, Suri, Babu, Sekar, Sham, Along, Marwan, Achik, Soon, Darren, Joe, Joey, Farah, Priscilla, Syaqeer, Genesis, Yai, Chris, Pramela, Kristina, Abang Lan, Faizal, Azizan, L. Burnett Agencies, and some other crews as well as the talents.
My heartbeat stopped for 1 second at the moment I heard Kelvin shouted:
"Alright guys, it's a WRAP!"
Everyone just clapped. How nice. How heartfelt it was.
You won't know unless you been there.
Anyway, still managed to shake Gerard's hand. I just need some spiritual motivation.
LOL~Recently, I am thinking about how to be a good film director.
And I have had some natural thoughts in my head.
e.g. How good a film director tells stories?
If he's a good story teller, he is a good film director.
I believe Alfred Hitchcock could tell goosebumps thrillers very well.
I believe Martin Scorsese could tell Macho epic very well.
I believe Wong Kar-Wai could tell stories about society and time space very well.
I believe Ang Lee could tell good stories, too.
Need not mention Steven Spielberg, Roman Polanski, Bernardo Bertolucci, Zhang Yimou, Woody Allen, John Woo, Hou Hsiao Hsien, Yasmin Ahmad and so on.
Thus........
I have to start practice.
for story telling.
Haha!

Money, money and money..
ReplyDelete