Saturday, June 8, 2013

Come a little closer


When I have done a little achievement, I am just a little bit closer.
When I have done a little mistake, I am lost at 200 miles behind you.



9th Mini Film Festival.
Is actually a small film festival.
Hosted in our university.
This year we invited UMS and Swinburne University's students to send in their works.
Competing with their works, as well as my classmates',
my final year project Lucky Roll was nominated into 9 categories,
ranging from Best Script to Best Short Film...
Being the director, producer, scriptwriter, editor, and sound director,
I'm happy.
Of course, without the financial support from my mama,
it won't be made.
It costs us approximately RM2400.
Damn it.
The short film costs the price of a laptop.
Sorry mom, and thank you for your funding.

In the end of the day, Szewan, my supporting actor as David, and also me myself, won.
the long-wait best director award.
Should I be happy, I wondered.
I beat them.
All the directors of 20 plus submitted short films.
Now you ask me to put it to international stage.

I'd say I'm afraid.

I'd say I don't want to.

because it sucks.

Although it had received uncountable laughter and applause from the audience,

in the studio during final year project presentation:
with the well-established local film director Mr. Dain Said sitting in front watching as the external assessor, and also my fellow friends, classmates, seniors and juniors, other lecturers, supervisor,

in the experimental theater during CIPTA films screening:
with the students from Sarikei secondary school visiting us..

It still is suck.

It sucks...


for now i need someone who understands me,
to give me a tight hug.
would you, 
come a little closer...?




No comments:

Post a Comment