Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Choco-late - written / directed by Xian Jun

Description
It's a video project a.k.a assignment,
for sure I was not working alone.
We are in a production crew.
So-called Lunatics Production.
Our very first film project in UNIMAS.

It's a short film.
Duration must be in between 2 - 3 minutes.
Any genre applicable.
Any narrative base is acceptable except Music Video (MV).
Due date : 30th August 2010


The Making Of Choco-late
I wouldn't say something about how tired was I,
because..
everything I've sacrificed is worthed..

I will just show how tired was I..
it's like-
No doubt, it is CAIS (library) - 24 hours room
After workdone, it's 5.40 a.m.


No doubt, I managed to control Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.
My first time touched it, and I owned it.
So..what we've done was this.


No doubt, they are my chinese production crew mates.
They accompanied me on post-production - editing.
They gave me suggestions for every scene transitions.

Standing at the middle, my Producer - Sieu Chen.
She is good on doing things..
things she had done are always tidy and neat..
sometimes even perfect.
She arranged schedule for me, categorized shots schedule for me.
She calculated budget, she bought something.

Sitting at the right, my Director of Photography - Peuh Ing.
She is good on doing things too..
things she had done are always tidy and neat..
puctuality and quality perfect.
She controlled the movement of Panasonic DVX after my orders,
she downloaded sound effects, she did proposals corrections.
Thumbs up for both of them.
If they weren't there, Choco-late wouldn't exist.

Some photos taken on those days we had been together.
Oh..the one stood at the middle..
is my Angel No.1
but too bad, she had refused to be my star.


In Editing and Digitizing room..
with my coursemates.
We were digitizing our tape into digital format.
They are in different group with me,
which is called Psychotic Production.
My team has including me 3 chinese and 3 malays.
They have 5 chinese in a team.


Kee Wu, my only chinese male coursemate.
Thus, in my class has 2 chinese guys only.
I'm the director of Lunatics Prod.,
and he is the director of Psychotic Prod.
In our respective production,
there is only 1 guy,
which were us.
..zzzzZ


Due Date
30th August 2010:
It's today.
I just went back from videography class after 5:30 p.m.
At 2 p.m., we handed our project to Ms. Miaw,
my videography course's lecturer.
She has played our short films in class just now,
accompanied by a tutor from foreign country..
technically critiqued and orientated us.
I ain't showin' off..
instead, I just wanna jote down all this..
to be my motivations..
and to fortify my memory.

So..
Ms. Miaw has praised me.
She said,
the way I do framing for shots from different angles..
the way I shoot those shots for different scenes..
the way I bring my story out..
the way I see things..
are creative.
I can continue these works...
it can lead me to a different direction with my own patent..
and brings my styles out to the audiences..
Lastly, a 'very good' in the end of her critique.

Whereas,
the Mdm. tutor has praised me,too.
She said,
the director, succeeded to visualize a story..
My shots are very special..
creative enough..

I appreciate all the comments so much.
I will keep it up.
Non-stop enhancin' myself..
no matter theorical or practical.

Thanks to my lecturer and tutors, my crew mates,
Senior Jia Yi and Psychotic Production (friends' prod. name)
Even I had spent up my days and nights just for this..
I'm still very happy.

At least..
my name has finally appear..
in a film..



About Choco-late
DVD Cover


Content


Choco-late
directed / written by
Xian Jun

Actors : Que See and Xian Jun
Producer : Tan Sieu Chen
Director of Photography : Teo Peuh Ing
Art Director : Shafarizuana
Off line Editors : Shela and Syafiqah
On line Editors : Xian Jun, Tan Sieu Chen and Teo Peuh Ing
Equipment : UNIMAS


Short Film
Quality isn't that good because I did minimize the file size.
So I'll just publish it in this small scale.
I hope you'll enjoy it,
Choco-late
thanks a million.



Add-on
Ohh..
Kee Wu told me he saw Ms. Miaw and tutor's eyes became teary..
when they turned to face us,
but I didn't realise anything.
I wonder was that true..
but I really hope that was true.
In addition, the foreign tutor told that my shots are..
extraordinary
...thanks


Maybe my confidence affects..
or some psychological effect..
I didn't feel anything there is good to be praised..
but still,
thanks


A long way to go...
and I wish you could meet me halfway..
..hah..

-End-

3 comments:

  1. haha~seems u doing great in yor talent part~
    kip it up~
    i will stay tuned too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa..
    good start good start!
    it's worth it after all..
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow .
    The video .
    Hmm .
    Haha .
    Dont know what to say .
    Not bad .

    ReplyDelete